Who Should Attend?
If you are responsible for employee health and safety, or for workplace practices that must comply with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, our four-day course, Essentials of Safety, can help you establish a strong safety plan or fine-tune your current plan for maximum impact.
- Safety Directors
- Safety Committee Members
- Safety Union Representatives
- Human Resources Personnel
- Medical Personnel
- Manufacturing Engineers
- Business Owners
- Vice Presidents
You’ll learn the most common violations, and gain a deeper understanding of the regulations and how they relate to your organization. You’ll also learn what to do should an OSHA inspector ever show up at your door.
Ten Reasons Why You Should Attend
- We offer options to fit your busy schedule
- Create a safer working environment
- Reduce work-related injuries and illnesses
- Lower insurance costs and medical expenditures
- Increase productivity by decreasing accident-related downtime
- Prevent OSHA citations and huge fines
- Avoid employee complaints to OSHA
- Learn specialized techniques from a compliance expert
- Receive answers to your compliance questions
- Earn continuing education credits
The Modular Advantage
Our four-day course, Essentials of Safety, has a modular format, so you can receive one, two, or four days of training and earn your training card at your convenience. We also offer Essentials of California Safety covering the California safety orders.
Our modular format can be especially convenient if it’s easier for you to leave your workplace for training one day at a time. You can come for one or two days, then come back for more as your schedule allows. After you’ve taken days three and four, you’ll have completed the four-day course. Of course, you always have the option to attend all four days in a row. Here’s how you can work toward your 30-hour card:
Essentials of Safety - Training Card
- Attending Part 1 will earn you an 8-hour card
- Attending Parts 1 & 2 will earn you a 14-hour card.
- Attending Parts 1-4 will earn you a 30-hour card
With each course, you'll receive:
• The complete 29 CFR 1910 General Industry or Cal/OSHA General Industry Safety Orders, enhanced with RegLogic®. All sections are tabbed by subpart and printed in color using a larger, easy-to-read format with indenting.
• The course guidebook includes information on federal OSHA citations, memos, references, interpretations, news releases, pertinent ANSI and NFPA information, training information, new technology, and much more.
• Free telephone support for one year.
• Just bring yourself and a positive attitude. We supply the rest,
right down to your pen, highlighter, and full-size note pad.
Use these links or those at the top of the page to find out more about our classes:
• Trainer Information
• Essentials of Safety, Parts 1 - 4
• Essentials of California Safety, Parts 1 - 4
CEUs: American Safety Training, Inc., courses qualify you for 8 credit hours (one day), 14 credit hours (two days) or 30 credit hours (four days) toward continued education as in agreement with guidelines set by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Parking: We do our best to find locations with the finest accommodations available, including free off-street parking. However, some facilities may have paid parking only. Please contact the facility for further parking information. They may be able to refer you to free parking nearby.
Tax Deduction: Most continuing education programs for improving professional skills are tax deductible. That may include expenses such as registration, travel, and accommodations [Treasury Regulation 1.162-5 Coughlin vs. Commissioner, 203 F2d 307]. Always check with your accountant.
Tape Recording: The contents of all American Safety Training, Inc., courses are fully copyrighted, so we request that you refrain from recording or taping our courses.
Added Convenience: If we aren’t offering training in your city, please give us a call today at 1-800-896-8867. We also offer in-plant training and corporate contracts. If you have multiple facilities, or need training for 20 or more people nationwide, we offer significant discounts.
Registration: Space is limited. Purchase orders accepted (Government or Fortune 1000 company purchase orders qualify as payment). Confirmation and additional detailed information will be sent to you upon registration. Please ask about our group rates. All fees must be paid in U.S. dollars.
Cancellation: If you cancel at least seven business days prior to the course, we will refund your entire payment, or apply your payment to a future American Safety Training, Inc., course. Registrations canceled less than seven business days prior to the course are subject to a $100 cancellation fee, or we will apply your full payment to a future course. You may substitute a co-worker in your place. No-shows are subject to the full registration fee.